Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sacramento, Portland, Amsterdam Day 1 March 6 10



My day is going to start early early Friday at 6 AM when I catch a flight from Sacramento to Portland, OR. In Portland I'll have a 5 hour layover before catching a long flight to Amsterdam. Once in Amsterdam I have another long layover 12 hours this time. So I'll take the train into the city, and ride the canal boats and see the city. After riding the boat then I plan to go see the Anne Frank Museum and then the Vincent Van Gogh Museum. If I have extra time I might check out one of those famous brown coffee shops or the famous RED LIGHT district. I'm sure there will plenty of things to keep me busy during this long layover. I'll want to get back to the airport in plenty of time, for my flight to Istanbul.
I don't arrive in Istanbul until 12:10 AM so I'll be totally exhausted when I arrive the hotel will pick me up so I won't be wandering around in the middle of the night. I'll probably be sleeping the whole next day. But that's ok as I have 3 days until Don and Geralynn arrive. I'm sure I'll do plenty of sightseeing before they arrive.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! Thanks for the call on Skype this morning and all the travel tips: 1. You need a pin number to use your Visa cards in Europe. 2. The I-phone has an app. to download your boarding passes and for checking flight information. No more paper boarding passes..

    ReplyDelete