Thursday, April 29, 2010

Turkish Rug 2010

The symbols are old family crests, each having a different meaning. Plus they represent an area and family. The salesman was explaining all of them to me, but of course I didn't retain any of it. Just that I fell in love with the carpet. We had to sign the back of the carpet so you would know that you actually got the carpet you had picked out, and the carpet hadn't been switched after you left the showroom.
My Turkish rug just arrived today from Capadoccia, Turkey via Atlanta. I just love it. The photo doesn't really do it justice. It's so beautiful. The Rug Factory had so many beautiful rugs it was hard to choose just one, you wanted to buy one of each. Several people bought two. I hadn't planned to buy a rug, I was thinking more of a gold bracelet, but I got to thinking I have lot's of gold, but not a Turkish rug. When they offered to pay shipping and do customs how could I resist. Rusty likes it too. It's a hall runner about 8 ft long. Looks beautiful in my hallway in the town house. Gold will be next trip. Don and Geralynn are just leaving Athens tomorrow for the states. Their blog has some beautiful pictures of Santorini and Mikinos if you haven't been following it, you should. http://www.myrah.net/ and then go to Greece 2010 awesome photos. Geralynn is a great story teller too.

No comments:

Post a Comment